Join us at Poco!
Are you passionate about high quality food and service? Like to work in a team? Fancy working with the best view in town?
At Poco Pizza, we take pride in our warm, welcoming, and family-run restaurant environment. Our passion for continual improvement, excellent customer service, and dedication to staff welfare have earned us the prestigious Hospitality Assured accreditation.
We are looking to expand the team at Poco and currently have the following vacancies:
Type: Full-time, Salaried
Hours: 28-40 hours per week (Flexible based on candidate's preference)
Salary: £31 to £36,500 OTE (FTE), based on experience
• Lead front-of-house operations and manage the team, ensuring a top-tier customer experience.
• Manage customer flow during shifts, create efficient staff rotas, and maintain bar stock levels.
• Foster a warm and welcoming atmosphere, consistently looking for areas to improve the business and customer experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Previous hospitality experience, adept at managing customer flow and creating rotas. Experience with EPOS and reservations systems.
• Warm, friendly, and a team player, dedicated to fostering a positive work environment.
• Keen attention to detail and proactive approach to business and customer experience improvements.
• Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends, adapting to seasonal demand and willing to learn about our products, ingredients, and Italian culture.
• Join a close-knit, passionate team in a warm, nurturing, and family-oriented environment committed to constant improvement.
• Competitive salary and flexible working hours, working with the best view in Lyme Regis!
• Ongoing training opportunities, from product-specific training to cultural immersion, including research trips to Italy.
• Indulge in our delicious pizzas at the end of your shift.
If you are a warm, open, and detail-oriented leader with a passion for continual learning, adapting to seasonal demands, and driving improvement, we want you on our team.
Send your details to Jason at email@example.com
Join Poco Pizza and be part of our welcoming, passionate team dedicated to continual growth and excellence.
A great opportunity to join a friendly team working with high quality ingredients in a small busy pizzeria by the sea in Lyme Regis.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for food and willingness to learn - we can teach you the rest. We will support an apprenticeship if you would like to pursue that route.
You will be supporting the head chef in making dough, passata and desserts as well as preparing ingredients for service. We source our ingredients either from Italy or from our local vicinity and will encourage you to learn more about the ingredients and recognise great quality.
You will contribute to the high hygiene standards in the kitchen and follow process to ensure consistency of delivery.
We will also teach you to manage our wood fired oven and to make and cook pizzas during service.
To give you the widest experience possible, hours will be 4 full days - 2 prep days (8am-4pm) and 2 service days (2pm-close). One of the service days will be over the weekend (although we are always closed on Sundays).
This role could also suit someone with more experience who could fasttrack to assistant chef.
We are committed to ethical employment and are the first small business in the UK to be awarded ‘Hospitality Assured’ by The Institute of Hospitality - recognising our dedication to providing high quality service.
Competitive wage according to age and experience
Please email us brief details about yourself in the first instance (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will arrange a time to chat
Our ethos is to create an environment where staff are happy to work and want to stay. So we believe that planning rotas well in advance to allow you to plan your time off is as important as good pay and conditions.
We train our staff - not just on service but on our menu too. We only use the best ingredients from trusted Italian suppliers and it's important that you understand the benefits and provenance of our food. So we hold regular tastings as well as providing all staff with a pizza to take home at the end of a shift - so that you can recommend your favourite pizzas to our guests.
A supportive team. We have a no negativity policy. All staff work together and support each other.
Uniform provided - do you look good in stripes?
Staff Discount - Fancy a pizza on your night off? We've got you covered.
And of course that glorious view - every shift.
To find out more - call us or pop in and ask for Jason or Lyn